Dry Wood Borer
- Increment cores from dry timber / beams:
- Beams in (historical) buildings or structures, timber bridges, poles/piles
- Full-size timber, glue-lam beams
- Can be used with conventional battery driven drill (13mm clutch)
- Can be re-sharpened (even by us)
Application in dendrochronology and wood science as well as in timber inspection: for analysis of tree rings, wood density, wood/glue condition, cellular structures...
For taking 5mm (~1/5") increment cores from trees and (intact) timber
- 2-threaded (2N) for hardwoods, others 3N
- Limited usability in deteriorated timber
- Driven manually or by portable drill
- Can be re-sharpened
- Core ejector ( for 5 / 7 mm cores)
- Sharpening set and cleansing set
- Available for 5 and 7 mm borer
- High-torque battery driven electric drill (FEIN, BOSCH, or MAKITA): dry-wood and increment borers directly fit into the drill chuck without need of any adaptor.