The Rinntech Lignostation is a compact, high resolution system for preparing wood surfaces and recording the tree ring parameters and the wood density. Lignostation was developed in cooperation with the University of Freiburg, Germany. A precision mill prepares the measuring radii on the wood surface. Then, precise scans are obtained using a high-frequency robe. At the same time, optical scans of the surface can be made and analyzed in comparison with the image.
The entire system is computer controlled and relives you of a great deal of time consuming routine tasks. You attach the sample, define the measuring radius on the PC screen, and Lignostation does the rest, from preparation up to measurement. You can then concentrate on the scientific analysis of the data. The Lignostation is used in various fields of science including dendrochronology, ecology, forestry, geography, and climate change studies.
- Density measuring using a high resolution, high frequency probe
- Optical scans using a high resolution camera
- Sample materials can be increment cores or wood disks
- Maximum length of measurement = 500 mm x 500 mm
- Image resolution : = <100 microns
Contact us today for a quotation.